Thursday, August 8, 2013

Jungle Garden

Our garden is a jungle. The first picture is from the spring and now the garden is tall enough to conceal the view of most of the house. I was gone for two weeks at the beginning of the summer and the garden just exploded. Since I have no clue what is in the garden my plan has been to just let it grow. I figured I would cut what I didn't want down after the plant had bloomed or show itself to be a weed. Since I could barely tell a rose bush from a fern at the beginning of the year, I thought it was a good plan. The previous owner just planted and planted and planted... and so now everything is over grown and far too big. There are wild grapes and blackberry bushes all through the garden. The wild grapes are sour and I haven't heard anything good about them. The blackberries are completely invasive and are taking over everything, but we should have a bumper crop this year. So I'm going to learn how to make all sorts of things with blackberries. This last picture is from June, all the tall leafy plants bloomed with tiny pink bunches of flowers. Very pretty flower, but the rest of the plant is icky. I realize now I have not taken enough pictures of the garden throughout the summer. I have all sorts of day-lilies everywhere, but now without pictures I'm not sure where the different colored ones are.

No comments:

Post a Comment